Monday 15 September 2008

UK Creationism

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7613403.stm

A friend of mine asked what, if anything is going on in the minds of creationists. His suggestion was:
hmm - this evolution palaver doesn't seem to quite fit....I'd best believe in some MADNESS
I think it's more or less the other way round, though:
I believe in some MADNESS and therefore reject any other explanation
I don't have much of a problem with this. It's regrettable that people believe stupid things, but their business. What annoys me is their desire to convince others of those stupid ideas and this rationalisation (dating methods are no good, nobody has ever seen evolution happening, micro evolution happens, macro doesn't etc.) are solely and wholly an attempt to do this.

The nutjobs opening lame creationism museums aren't the problem. It's the people who swallow and repeat the idiotic rationalisations, deliberately failing to apply critical thinking because that would challenge their pre-existing beliefs, that we need to watch out for. In other words, I suppose, it's the customers rather than the proprietors of museums like this that are the problem.

No comments: